Subject: boost libraries packages
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: felix zaslavskiy <felix@students.poly.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/24/2003 13:19:30
I like to use the boost libraries for some of my own apps and it seems
the boost library is outdated in package system.

I had success compiling (including thread,and pythong) all libraries
using current and gcc3.3 package.  I only needed very minor patch to get
it all compiled.  I was unable to compile the thread library on
netbsd1.6 although i will pock around a bit more. I will run regression
tests to make sure things work.

I like to make the packages if there is interest. I like to basicaly
split up the collection into.
boost-base (including header libraries and configuration)
boost-thread (may not be available on netbsd1.6)
boost-python

I think spliting things up is more reasonable then bundling all the
libraries togerther or not including compiled libaries at all.