Subject: Re: I want to know almost everything about PLIST, PLEASE
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@menta.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/20/2003 11:21:21
On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 16:39:12 -0700 (PDT)
"Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Yosep wrote:
>
> > The problem I am having right now is that the files I need for the binary
> > packages would not get listed on the PLIST.  When I run "make install",
> > everything gets installed just fine.  However, whenever I run "make
> > print-PLIST > PLIST", only the files I specified in the main Makefile to
> > install get written out to PLIST.  So, when I do "make deinstall", only
>
> Where are your files being installed?
>
> make-PLIST doesn't look on all the filesystems.

And print-PLIST works based on timestamps (comparing against the work
directory).  So if files are installed with something that preserves access
times of files (cp), it won't print anything.  Fix the package to use
"install", or if it's using tar / pax, use the right modifier to don't
preserve times.

HTH

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>