Subject: scientific pkgs
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: MLH <MLH@goathill.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/17/2003 22:31:55
I have a few packages I've put together (with some assistance from
a couple of you) that we are using or attempting to use on research
projects. I suspect that they may be of limited value to others so
I haven't submitted them, however I thought I would mention them
if anyone is interested (or wanted to assist with SciPy).

1) parallel/qdp++ : a C++ data-parallel library for Lattice QCD
solutions

http://www.jlab.org/~edwards/qdp/

2) lang/py-f2py : Fortran to Python interface generator

Possibly should go in devel instead of lang. I made this primarily
to build SciPy.

http://cens.ioc.ee/projects/f2py2e/

3) math/py-scipy : SciPy is an open source library of scientific
tools for Python.

http://www.scipy.org/

SciPy currently has problems at least on -current, I suspect due
to pthread issues and Python but I'm not sure at this point.

Contact me if you would like sharfiles of these packages as I don't
have a location to post them currently.