Subject: Re: gcc3/mozilla pthread link error under current
To: David <abs@mono.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/17/2003 14:38:12
On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, David wrote:

> 	Trying to compile mozilla under gcc3 on a 1.6U box fails as below:
>
> 	Are we missing a -lpthread somewhere?

As pointed out by Matthias Drochner in the discussion in PR pkg/21848,
you need to configure it with "--host=i386--netbsdelf2.0" added to
CONFIGURE_ARGS. I've built mozilla succesfully with gcc3 built with
the exact patch posted (by me) to the PR, on 1.6T. My idea to strip
out Java, however has been shot down, so someone who has the resources
to build libjava repeatedly will please work out another patch, and
test it.