Subject: running make from wrksrc?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Rasputin <rasputin@idoru.mine.nu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/13/2003 23:40:28
Sorry if this is long-winded, I've read Packages.txt and am stumped.

For whatever reason, a package I'm creating (libneural) has a configure
script that misbehaves. If I pass configure a prefix option,
it falls over badly and ends up trying to run binaries called e.g.
'$/usr/bin/nm' (note leading '$' - think it's a libtool bug, but
that's beside the point).

Instead of learning and fixing libtool, I just want to run
make install prefix=${PREFIX}
from $WRKSRC and get on with my life.

But setting

do-install:
	make install prefix=${PREFIX}

causes an infinite loop. How can I cd to WRKSRC before running
make?

(Alternatively, what's a reliable way to in-place edit
the
prefix=/usr/local
line in the Makefile to point to ${PREFIX} ? I used to hack round
this in FreeBSD's ports tree using $CP, $MV and $SED, but it was
a horrible hack. I can't see how to dynamically generate a patchfile
based on value of $PREFIX.)
--
Power, n:
	The only narcotic regulated by the SEC instead of the FDA.