Subject: POSIX semaphores?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Michal Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/13/2003 04:08:03
Hello,

recently I have been trying to make port of lang/mono usable on my
1.6-stable. The first thing is, I disagree with ONLY_FOR_PLATFORM defined
in it's Makefile (IMO as mono is opensource it should be able to compile
on various platforms, not only i386). Second thing, it needs
BUILD_DEPENDS=          bison>=1.875:../../devel/bison
to build correctly, and the third thing is: files in
/usr/pkgsrc/lang/mono/work/mono-0.24/mono/io-layer need POSIX semaphores to
build. I have been googling for porting software to BSDs which don't
have POSIX semaphores, but I was unable to find correct solution.

Any hints how to do that? Should I use some library, try patching mono code
or just wait for NetBSD 2.0, which, as the Changelogs say, supports
p1003.1b semaphores?

Regards,
--
Micha³ Pasternak :: http://pasternak.w.lub.pl