Subject: DESCR per operating system
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/12/2003 19:31:30
I'd like to submit some patches so DESCR can be also be operating system
dependent.

For example, DESCR would contain DESCRiption and notes applicable to all.
And DESCR.${OPSYS} would be appended to .DESCR (for the package built and
for +DESC) before the "Homepage:" is appended.

(Why? Have a look at various DESCR and see that they have comments or
suggestions specific to one operating system.)

Should I use DESCR.common? I don't think so. I don't think that it is
needed, and it may make extra steps for changes later on.

I will base this a little like the MESSAGE ideas.

Any comments or suggestions?

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/