Subject: pkgsrc on IRIX
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/12/2003 12:32:47
Hi all,

I just committed some changes that let you use X11 applications using
pkgsrc under IRIX.  Before, only non-X11 apps were working.

In order to set this up, you can either bootstrap-pkgsrc from scratch,
or create a symlink from /usr/X11R6 -> /usr.  Then cvs update
/usr/pkgsrc/mk/ and add the appropriate ABI and IMAKEOPTS to your
/etc/mk.conf.  See /usr/pkgsrc/mk/bsd.pkg.defaults.mk for details.  As
an example, in my /etc/mk.conf on an O2 with Irix 6.5.18, I have

ABI=32
IMAKEOPTS+=-DBuildN32 -DSgiISA32=4

Also, I noticed that there were two or three changes I had to make to
/usr/lib/X11/config/X11.rules and /usr/lib/X11/config/sgi.cf;  see the
attached patches.  The first one is a typo in the distributions file,
which may have been corrected in your version, the other ones just
prevent pkgsrc from sticking files into non-pkg hierarchy.  I'll try to
find a better way, but for the time being, I'm afraid you'll have to
edit those files yourself.

Also, I've started to upload binary packages for Irix using the n32 ABI
to ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/jschauma/pkgsrc/IRIX

If you encounter problems, just send-pr or email me.

-Jan

--
Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.