Subject: Re: emailing MESSAGE/+DISPLAY
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/12/2003 02:12:04
[ On Thursday, June 12, 2003 at 00:47:15 (+0200), Hubert Feyrer wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: emailing MESSAGE/+DISPLAY
>
> On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> > Please just have them appended to the +DISPLAY file so that they're always
> > available in the most logical place.
>
> While I think appending is not good,

What do you mean by that?

> I agree that a simple "pkg_info foo"
> should also show the +MESSAGE file for the 'foo' pkg. Shouldn't be hard to
> code that...

Do you mean the /var/pkg/*/+DISPLAY file (which is usually created from
the source "MESSAGE" file)?  It already shows the /var/pkg/*/+DESCR file.
I'm not sure there's any reason to display the +DISPLAY file unless it
is explicitly asked for with '-D'.

What's needed is more awareness of the purpose of "pkg_info -D"!  :-)

--
								Greg A. Woods