Subject: mail/bogofilter cores on NetBSD 1.6P-SMP/i386?
To: None <,>
From: Sean J. Schluntz <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/11/2003 10:31:17

I'm running NetBSD 1.6P/i386 on a dual processor system.  I may be a bit
behind the current tree, but I like to keep SMP stable ;-)

misc/bogofilter compiles and installs just fine.  I'm able to use it on
the command line, but it cores 100% of the time when sendmail attempts to
open a pipe to it (either via .forward or aliases).

This is what I get back from sendmail:

"|/usr/pkg/bin/bogofilter -p > /usr/people/schluntz/mail.test"
    (reason: 139)
    (expanded from: <>)

Is anyone else expieriencing the same problem?  My databases are on the
large side (goodlie 54mb, spamlist 5mb) but it doesn't seem to cause a
problem from the command line.

Sean J. Schluntz
Sr. Security Consultant               Work of Stone