Subject: Re: gcc 3.3 & '/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc_eh'
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: grant beattie <grant@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/09/2003 06:20:58
On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 09:14:39PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:

> > include mk/gcc.buildlink2.mk so it can find libgcc_eh.
>
> 	Should every program thet gets built with gcc3 include
> 	mk/gcc.buildlink2.mk (as in should there be a test for that
> 	in bsd.pkg.mk?)

only those which need "special care" - most packages don't need
anything special to build with gcc3. the above is indeed a side-effect
of buildlink2.

gcc3 is a large beast, and including gcc.buildlink2.mk adds a
considerable amount of time to the buildlink target for no reason in
most packages, which is why I chose to not do that automatically.

and for those who are about to say "we'll need to change all this
when gcc3 is in base NetBSD"... no, only small changes will be
required, and this stuff will still be required for non-NetBSD
systems. :-)

grant.