Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/graphics/plotutils
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/06/2003 11:19:12
"Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net> wrote:
> >From pkgsrc-changes@netbsd.org on Fri, 6 Jun 2003, Jan Schaumann wrote:
>
> > If X11 is present, set the pkgname to plotutils-x11 and conflict with
> > plain plotutils (and the other way around).  ok'd by agc.
>
> And I see a change from a couple days ago: "if X11 is present, we need the
> necessary compile and ld flags".
>
> I didn't think we did that.
>
> What if I want plain plotutils?

If you have X installed, why not use it in this application as well?

It is possible to make make a package of this that doesn't use X even if
X is presentr: we'd need to pass "--without-x" as a configure argument.

> Why not two different pkgsrc like graphics/plotutils and
> graphics/plotutils-nox11 (or plotutils and plotutils-x11)?

Sure, we could do that.  I thought this would work ok, since this way
you have essentially two packages, but if two completely separate
packages are preferred...

-Jan

--
Except most of the good bits were about frogs, I remember that.
You would not believe some of the things about frogs.