Subject: Re: pkgsrc-wip: please set MAINTAINER to your email address!
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/02/2003 08:56:43
On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, Mike M. Volokhov wrote:

> Next, maintaining the package in NetBSD's pkgsrc repository isn't possible
> for not NetBSD commiters. So what a big sense to take maintainership, if you
> cannot realy maintain that package?

But you can still maintain it and submit the changes via send-pr.
Althought that could be slow and causes (probably un-needed) extra work
for others.

Another reason why a generic MAINTAINER is useful for me: I sometimes may
make a package for someone else, because I am interested at that time, but
I am not interested or willing to continue to maintain it.

By the way, where does packages@ go to? (I thought it was tech-pkg). I saw
a bunch of changes of MAINTAINER to tech-pkg, so I am wondering what is
the difference.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/