Subject: Re: VCD playback working at all on i386 1.6.1?
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/01/2003 02:32:02
On Sun, 1 Jun 2003, Todd Vierling wrote:

> I've rolled a set of pkgsrc subdirs that are up to date as of the 20030601
> snapshot, but they still don't fix it.  The updated packages are available
> at the following URL, but have not submitted a PR, as I'm not sure it's
> worth it just yet -- gmplayer skins are completely blank, and 0.91 is also
> supposed to be out RSN.
>
> However, these packages do make the pax/gtar copy operations
> "print-PLIST"-compatible (by *not* preserving modtimes), and fix a PLIST
> error in gmplayer (share/mplayer/Skin/trium doesn't exist).
>
>     ftp://ftp.duh.org/pub/NetBSD/mplayer-pkgsrc-20030601.tar.bz2
>
> So we're still at mplayer being hosed on [S]VCD discs on these drives and
> NetBSD/i386 1.6.1.  But at least I now know the problem is confined to
> mplayer.  8-)

Your package leaves out "libavcodec" -- that directory is supposed to
be dropped in from out of the "ffmpeg" repository -- and you forgot to
do "mencoder".

Never mind that, though. [S]VCD's with your package work for me! The
plot thickens...

I should mention that I have a couple of patches in my running kernel:
Manuel Bouyer's SiS patch, straight from ticket# 1234, and patches I
posted to tech-kern to fix the audio volume control, but I don't think
that either applies to this.

Both builds do fail the way you describe with a single argument of
"vcd://". You have to use "vcd://2" to play the first mpeg stream,
"vcd://3" to start with the second one, and so on. Is that it?

Frederick