Subject: X11 print system
To: NetBSD tech-pkg list <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Benedikt Meurer <Benedikt.Meurer@unix-ag.uni-siegen.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/01/2003 00:41:42
Hello everybody,

I was about to configure Xprt on a NetBSD system, when I realized that
the Xprt shipped with XFree86 is broken (atleast its stated to be broken).
Now I'm looking for the best way to get Xprint installed on the system.
I fetched the source code from http://xprint.mozdev.org/ and tried to
install it, but it fails with several problems in the Makefiles (I'm not
an imake expert, therefore I ignored the problems for now).

I'd like to ask, if its possible/a good idea to create a pkgsrc entry
for Xprint, or if it'd be better to integrate the changes from
xprint.mozdev.org into xsrc? AFAIK, only the server part in XFree86 is
broken, so it "should" be easy to integrate the stuff into xsrc.

But honestly, I don't know much of this Xprint stuff. All I know is that I have
to get a working Xprt on a NetBSD system :-).

Any suggestions/hints are welcome.

regards,
Benedikt

PS: This is XFree86 4.3 (and a 3.3.6 as an additional client).
PS2: Is tech-pkg the correct place, or should I send to tech-x11 instead?

--
NetBSD Operating system:                       http://www.NetBSD.org/
pkgsrc "Work in progress":                  http://pkgsrc-wip.sf.net/