Subject: Re: "machine" definition has been lost
To: Mitch Russell <Mitch.Russell@tvguide.com>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/22/2003 11:35:23
Mitch Russell <Mitch.Russell@tvguide.com> writes:

> I think a good interpretation of this is "foobar", and I just need to
> reload. It's just going to take some time...

If you haven't already blown away the system, you should try cleaning
out the digest package directory before rebuilding. If you first tried
to build it when the system headers were messed up, then the configure
script it runs will have picked all sorts of defaults which will be in
conflict with the restored system headers.

I saw this happen once on a freshly installed NetBSD/sparc box. We
never did figure out exactly why the headers had been messed up in the
first place.

        - Nathan