Subject: configure and using PAM (and winbind)
To: tech-pkg <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Pierre Bourgin <pierre.bourgin@pcotech.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/22/2003 13:32:17
hello,

I want to use the winbind package (samba collection) under
NetBSD-1.6.1/i386 in order to setup a file server windows-compatible.

so I downloaded and installed PAM, samba then winbind.

Unfortunalty, I did not find any documentation explaining how to use PAM
under NetBSD : I saw the pkg install message saying that files
/usr/pkg/etc/pam.conf and /usr/pkg/etc/pam/* must be adjusted to suit my
needs, but how I "connect" PAM and the NetBSD system : Is there any
daemon to launch, some configuration to perform inside
/etc/nsswitch.conf file ?

Thank for any short answer about it !

Does someone succesfully using winbind under NetBSD-1.6.1 ? does it
"really" work, or that some things are missing, excluding this soft to
be used on production server ?

I plan to use winbind in order to talk with an NT4 server (the PDC of my
windows domain).

Regards,

Pierre Bourgin