Subject: Re: depending on either teTeX or teTeX2
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/20/2003 19:00:41
>   DEPENDS+= {teTeX-bin>=1.0.6,teTeX2-bin-[0-9]*}:../../print/teTeX-bin

Thank you, Lubomir, for the example.

What would be the best method when using buildlink2.mk files instead of
DEPENDS?

In my case, I have packaged libvorbis-nightly and libogg-nightly using
daily CVS snapshots.

I was able to build vorbis-tools (regular version) using my new
buildlink2.mk's for libvorbis-nightly and libogg-nightly.

What would be a good way to use old or new?

Or should I just create a new vorbis-tools package for new too? (Even
though old version works fine with new libogg and libvorbis.)

Also, I am packaging theora (which is why I need newer libogg and
libvorbis).

I could just use same buildlink2.mk files (and get rid of my new ones) and
then set, for example:

BUILDLINK_DEPENDS.libvorbis=   libvorbis>=20030520
BUILDLINK_PKGSRCDIR.libvorbis= ../../audio/libvorbis-nightly

Does anyone have any hints on doing this? (So I don't have to have
multiple buildlink2.mk files.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/