Subject: Re: Upgrade base postfix from pkgsrc?
To: None <>
From: Dan Debertin <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/19/2003 17:46:17
Martin Husemann <> wrote:

> That's not realy needed - just follow the hint from the MESSAGE of the pkg,
> (pkg_info -D postfix).
> This leaves a few unused files in the base system, but otherwise does exactly
> what you want.

That is, in fact, the opposite of what I want.

My preference -- and I doubt that I'm in the minority here -- would be
not to have duplicate configurations and executables scattered around
the system. It's system clutter, cruft.

I can just see myself (or another person who has inherited the system) 2
years down the road editing /etc/postfix/, running
'/etc/rc.d/postfix reload' and wondering why my changes never take

Oh well. If I have to do it by hand, so be it.

/^Dan Debertin$/         |  |      |