Subject: apache-1.3.27 suexec
To: None <>
From: Matt Herzog <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/18/2003 21:16:11
Hello All.

The Apache Makefile has the following lines:

APACHE_SUEXEC_PATH=     /bin:/usr/bin:${PREFIX}/bin:/usr/local/bin
APACHE_SUEXEC_CONFIGURE_ARGS+=                                          \
                        --suexec-caller=${APACHE_USER}                  \
			--suexec-safepath='${APACHE_SUEXEC_PATH}'       \
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-suexec                                 \

So where is the suexec script?

Apache can't seem to find it. If I type as root " /usr/pkg/sbin/httpd -l "
I see:

suexec: disabled; invalid wrapper /usr/pkg/sbin/suexec

And when I try to find the file, I discover it does not exist
anywhere on the system.

Could this be why Apache and php are segfaulting when I try to use
php apps?

Matthew Herzog is powered by NetBSD