Subject: Re: librsvg2
To: James Chacon <>
From: Arto Huusko <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/16/2003 08:31:53
On Thu, 15 May 2003, James Chacon wrote:

> Check your buildlink dir for librsvg2 and make sure is
> linked in there.

OK, I got only (and .6(!)) in the buildlink dir. So,
after all I took Thomas' advice, and added BUILDLINK_DEPENDS line to
librsvg2's Makefile.

This got me so far that I now also have in the buildlink
dir and points to /usr/pkg/lib/, which points
to .9.3. So I'm guessing I'm now picking the correct version.

However, this got me not a bit further. The build bombs in the same place.
So I went back to pango. I now see that libpangoft seems to always want to
use libfreetype 8, while other libpango* files depend on both 9 and 8 (9
first). I tried the BUILDLINK_DEPENDS trick with pango too, but it didn't

Is my pkg installation somehow screwed, or what's wrong. I've been using
make replace lately a lot (since buildlink usually seems to require that
I have installed at least the version that pkgsrc has [for example, I have
glib 1.2.xxnb3, put when building an app that buildlinks with glib, I'm
required to install nb4]). But I'd guess that shouldn't be an issue here,
since libfreetype 8 came with X, not from a package.

> If it's not something isn't picking up all the libraries correctly for you
> on buildlink.
> What X version do have installed?

4.2.x, so I have libfreetype 8 shipped by X, and libfreetype 9 as a package.