Subject: GConf2-ui and other GNOME2 configuring
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@utu.fi>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/15/2003 19:15:22
Another thing I'm wondering about the GNOME 2 packages is
GConf2-ui. I expected the package to contain gconf-editor, but
instead it only contains gconf-sanity-check-2.

Is there any easy way of configuring GNOME 2 settings not
available through the normal programs (since most settings are
hidden in GNOME 2). I'd rather not start learning and tweaking
with gconftool, since I know a graphical utility exists.

Also, in which package does the Theme configuration exist?
When I try to use it, it complains that "gnome-themes" package
has not been installed.

Oh, and I might also mention the very odd thing that GNOME2 tools
seem to spit UTF8 output to terminal (e.g., xterm), which of course
does not work. Or should I just use gnome2-terminal?