Subject: Re: kde3.1.1* and -current
To: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
From: MLH <mlh@goathill.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/15/2003 11:09:49

> > For about the last month or two, several kde programs have had
> > problems with -current. knode doesn't really exit and has to be
> > killed, noatun won't play and is always in 'Stopped' mode, and
> > kscd looks for it's cddb database in /usr/X11R6/share/kde/apps/kscd
> > when it's built with xpkgwedge, and crashes shortly thereafter:
>
> Well I can't comment on most of this as I still haven't got a current current
> running but as to looking in /usr/X11R6/share/kde/apps/kscd I believe that is
> a hangover from you running an earlier version of KDE. The path has been saved
> in your ~/.kde/share/kde/config/kscdrc.  If you delete that file and let kscd
> recreate it you will see that the default is now ~/.kde/share/kde/apps/kscd/cddb
> ie a per user tree, not a centrally shared one.

Thank, and interesting. /usr/X11R6/share was last changed on Nov
8 of last year - when I installed this system. There is nothing
but an examples directory in there and apparently never has been,
and it wasn't until kde 3.1.? that kscd had this problem. There is
a /usr/pkg/share/kde/apps/kscd/cddb/ and it is apparently what kscd
has been using until this problem cropped up.

So it looks like 3.1.? changed the behavior, including my kscdrc.

Unfortunately, kscd still crashes - unless I start it from the
commandline.