Subject: Re: conflicts
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/11/2003 15:04:29
On Sun, May 11, 2003 at 08:15:04PM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Sun, 11 May 2003, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> > Regardless, it is a pain to have so many different versions of
> > particular libraries hanging around and so many different ways for
> > applications to link.
>
> Partly agreed. It may make sense (for gnome/kde), but for others:
>
> miyu% pi -e \*python\*
> python22-2.2.1
> python22-pth-2.2.2nb2
> python20-2.0.1nb3

Speaking of python, is there a version that works with our native threads in
current yet? last I tried, there was either python22-pth, or python22, which
has no thread support at all. (I'm trying to run the latest lyntin, which
requires threading python 2.2, which I can't seem to find in pkgsrc)

-Sean

--
/~\ The ASCII
/ \ Email!