Subject: Re: pkg/21097: runtime dependencies should not be recursively
To: Thomas Klausner <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/08/2003 14:50:06
On Thu, 8 May 2003, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> I plan to rip out the parts in as proposed in PR 21097.
> Any objections (with arguments)?

Well, do you know in what places we depend on that behaviour?

I'm far from it, but a few things I remember:
 - pkg size calculation (for pkg_info -sS) depends on it
 - pkg_add has a quick check if all depends are non-conflicting,
   withouth possibly downloading things unnecessarily first

I'm sure there are more places that will break.

 - Hubert

* Basics ->
* Setup  ->