Subject: Build problem with mail/bogofilter on Darwin 6.5
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Sean J. Schluntz <schluntz@workofstone.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/02/2003 09:21:25
Greetings, I'm trying to build mail/bogofilter on a MacOS 10.2.5 system
and it can't see the BerkleyDB files.  The package system knows they
are there. Any ideas why this error would pop up?

I just updated the cvs tree yesterday, and all of the base apps
(pkg_install, lib-tools etc) are up to date.

checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for flex... flex
checking for yywrap in -lfl... yes
checking lex output file root... lex.yy
checking whether yytext is a pointer... yes
checking for additional compiler options... ignoring -ggdb
 -Wall -W -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wshadow -Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Waggregate-return -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wnested-externs -fno-common -Wchar-subscripts -Wcomment -Wimplicit -Wsequence-point -Wreturn-type -Wfloat-equal -Wpointer-arith -Wno-system-headers
checking for cos in -lm... yes
checking whether db_create is declared... no
configure: error: Can not locate a suitable BerkeleyDB db.h header file.
Use --with-db=PATH to specify the path to a v3+ install directory.
You can download BerkeleyDB 4.0.x from http://www.sleepycat.com/
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/mail/bogofilter
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/mail/bogofilter

-Sean