Subject: cleaning out distfiles and packages
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/23/2003 13:20:55
Is there any tool clean out old, no longer needed, distfiles?

One way would be just look for duplicate filenames without the version
part, and then remove old. But sometimes that may not work.

Is there any tool to remove old packages?

This could be easy. List packages that have duplicate names, then remove
the old version if older than some set date (like over a year old).

I was thinking that pkg_info (or some other tool) could output the
basename of a package given the whole name including the version. Is there
anything like that. Or I could use sed to chop off the version info.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/