Subject: new packages, missing samba and mysql packages from FTP server,
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/22/2003 11:32:18
In the past few days, NetBSD users have been looking for ready-to-use
samba and mysql packages.

I see they are unavailable from the ftp server (at least for i386 on 1.6).

I guess they were removed due to some past problem. Why aren't new
packages put into place?

(I guess because the dependencies are different from other available
packages there.)

Also, will there be a packages/1.6.1 directory for downloading
ready-to-use packages?

And what about the build machines?

When will officially announced, publically-available FTP sites for daily
or weekly builds of current pkgsrc and/or stable pkgsrc be available?

(Saying resources are not available doesn't seem to be the appropriate
answer, since I don't recall anyone asking for server space.)

What can we do to officially provide this?

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/