Subject: Re: lyx is incompatible with several other packages
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/22/2003 10:47:48
Steve Bellovin <smb@research.att.com> wrote:
> The current version of lyx is incompatible with a number of other
> packages, most notably (to me) magicfilter.  Lyx demands teTeX2;
> magicfilter and several others want teTeX.  I've filed pkg/21258 about
> this.

Random information tidbits that might be helpful:

As a workaround, one could install _both_ teTeX and teTeX2 -- see
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2003/04/11/0003.html.

Alternatively, we might consider allowing a dependency on _either_ teTeX
or teTeX2 in the relevant buildlink2's or DEPENDS directives.  But note
that teTeX2 is not fully compatible with teTeX 1.x!

-Jan

P.S.: This strikes me as more appropriate for tech-pkg...

--
"Ford," he said, "you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."