Subject: Re: PCRE in PHP
To: Frank DeChellis DSL <>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/19/2003 08:46:19

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 08:05:28PM -0400, Frank DeChellis DSL wrote:
> I can;t seem to get pcre going with PHP 4.2.3.  PHP works fine.  I
> installed php-pcre-4.3.2 and uncommented in php.ini
> with no luck.  Restarted apache and restarted my server.  Clients app
> still doesn;t work and test.php still tells me '--without-pcre-regex'
> under configure commands.

since php4-pcre is installed as a pluggable module, it's correct that
php itself is still compiled '--without-pcre-regex'.  it's the same
binary as before, why did you expect it to magically change?

there should be a new section lower in the output of phpinfo() function:

                            pcre                                           =

 PCRE (Perl Compatible Regular Expressions) Support      enabled           =
 PCRE Library Version                                    3.9 02-Jan-2002   =

have you actually tested whether it works or are you just assuming it
doesn't from the output of "Configure Command" in phpinfo()?

-- Lubomir Sedlacik <>                   --

Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (NetBSD)