Subject: Re: Another gcc3 question!
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/18/2003 21:04:32
On Fri, 18 Apr 2003, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

: > 3. The build completes with, evidently, no errors, so I type 'make
: > install' and again whack <Enter>. No joy. There is a complaint about
: > shared objects libstdc++.so.5, and libstdc++.so not being found. These
: > of course are in /usr/pkg/gcc-3.2.2/lib.

I should note that I submitted a PR on precisely this issue today, with a
full fix.  22xxx-something (don't have the number handy, but it should be in
the next PR web-reindex.)

: It would be good to have an option for the gcc pkgsrc so when it installs
: it will copy or symlink those various libs to the lib directory (in my
: case, my LOCALBASE is /usr).

Actually, I don't think this is a good idea, because of the fact that gcc's
runtimes are compiler-version-specific (and FSF isn't known to update the
major version numbers on those runtimes as often as should be necessary).
However, if gcc were to supply the appropriate RPATH as needed, there
wouldn't be this problem.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>