Subject: mtree and pax and NO_PKG_REGISTER and NO_PACKAGE
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/18/2003 17:56:28
I think that it should be okay of mtree and pax (in pkgtools) should be
made as packages and allow to be registered.

It would be useful to be able to see in pkg_info listing.

It would be useful to be able to create a binary package which can be used
on other machines.

PKG_PRESERVE works fine to "marked as not for deletion".

Also, pkg_install maybe should DEPEND on them, if it depends on them.

Also, maybe mtree should be in sysutils or security category or add
sysutils to CATEGORIES.

And maybe pax should be in archivers category or add archivers to
CATEGORIES.

Can we make it so mtree and pax can be packages and registered as
packages?

Thank you,

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/