Subject: pkgsrc/www/mozilla/[Makefile.common,buildlink2.mk] changes
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/14/2003 07:43:57
...in prep being able to build galeon 1.3.x against our mozilla, here are
a few proposed changes:

1) the do-install: target is calling our custom ${filesdir}/moz-install.
however, there are some files in ${wrksrcdir}/build/unix, .pc files, that
need to get installed into /usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig in order for galeon to
configure properly.  i recommend adding a second command to do-install:

do-install:
        ${SETENV} ${SCRIPTS_ENV} ${SH} ${FILESDIR}/moz-install
        cd ${WRKSRC}/build/unix && ${GMAKE} install

...or possibly calling it from ${FILESDIR}/moz-install to reduce insanity.

2)  /usr/X11R6/[lib,include]/[mozilla,mozilla-1.3] are both being created,
leading some some buildlink2.mk problems.  without digging into why both
are getting created, i recommend making mozilla/ a symlink to mozilla-1.x
(per-version) otherwise we're looking at changes to buildlink2's
BUILDLINK_FILES.mozilla+=  and possible duplication there.

...i know this is one of those packages that probably should never be
touched once it works, but fixing these seems important in light of the
new gnome2/gtk2/glib2 versions of galeon in the 1.3.x branch.

thanks,
-Brian