Subject: Re: pan claims missing crtend.o (xs4)
To: NetBSD-help list <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Soren Jacobsen <soren@blef.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/12/2003 12:28:43
On Sat, Apr 12, 2003 at 09:15:04PM +0200, Rogier Krieger wrote:
> >In any cases the 'resolution' is described in:
> >http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2002/10/31/0040.html
> >
> >I guess you have out of date tools.
>
> Which tools do you mean? I updated my system's libtool (from pkgsrc,
> libtool-base-1.4.20010614nb14) and tried rebuilding the various items,
> such as glib2, gtk, gtk2, etc. Still, the problem persisted. In the resolution
> message, I see only a mention of binutils, which - to my knowledge - are
> not part of the building chain for pan. Do I need to install these?

He means that you should update ld. To do this, you need an up to date
source tree (one with the mentioned fix in it). The netbsd-1-6 branch
has the fix, as does 1.6.1.

See http://netbsd.org/Documentation/current/#using-anoncvs for
instructions on how to check out a certain branch.

Once you have the code, ./build.sh -t, then make obj, make dependall,
and make install in gnu/usr.bin/ld and you should be good.
Alternatively, you can pass USETOOLS=no to all of those make commands
and skip the build.sh -t.

--
Soren Jacobsen