Subject: Re: adding upgrade to pkg_add
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/12/2003 05:17:17
On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > I have no problem with renaming pkg_add's -u switch to -r (makes sense,
> > actually).
> Okay, I have done this. See my new man page parts:

It would be very useful if the code would reflect that change too, i.e.

For the rest of the code, I'm afraid I'm not sure I understood what you
propose. So far the upgrade procedure we agreed on was to reinstall
everything from a pkg except shared libs, then merge that with the new pkg
version (either merge it into the new pkg, or make sure our pkg_* tools
can deal with both versions installed properly - this is not trivial).

I'd be happy if someone else from the pkg crew could comment on your
proposed change.

 - Hubert

* Basics ->
* Setup  ->