Subject: Re: adding upgrade to pkg_add
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/10/2003 01:30:10
On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> Any comments?

You seem to introduce a number of special-cases that pkg maintainers have
to catch - not only deinstall/install, but also upgrade. Tricky.

What is the exact reason for not trying to remove everything cleanly
(maybe modulo some shared libs...), then install the new pkg cleanly?

I have no problem with renaming pkg_add's -u switch to -r (makes sense,
actually).

If you have any code to review for pkg_*, let me know.

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html
Of course with your #1 IPv6 ready operating system -> http://www.NetBSD.org/