Subject: Re: package menus
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@tensor.3miasto.net>
From: Douwe Kiela <virtus@wanadoo.nl>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/08/2003 20:01:14
Hey,
I think it would be better it you would document this a little bit more..
A little bit of commenting would be very welcome, especially in the
wm_fvwm2.c file... you expect someone who wants to make for example
a Blackbox menu file to understand how fvwm menu files work before he can
understand what the code is really doing?
I would really appreciate more documentation on HOW you actually do it..
I can probably understand, but I had a short look at the code and already
found this bug:

%./menugen
Parsing input...
test:test:test:test:test
test:test
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

There are also several buffer overflows in your code.. If you want me to I
can fix these
later, but for now, try to change all strcpy()'s and strcat()'s into
strncpy()'s and strncat()'s.
If someone's stupid enough to run your program suid root, it'd be very easy
exploitable so
it's better to avoid that.

I think it's a great idea to make this, and I'd be glad to help you with
it.. You think you can get
a cvs repository up for this so multiple people can work on it more easilly?

Greetings,
Douwe Kiela