Subject: Re: openssl on openbsd
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: julien Touche <julien.touche@lycos.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/07/2003 14:23:07
Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Apr 2003, julien Touche wrote:
>

>>while trying to compile openssl on openbsd 3.2/i386 with pkgsrc, i
>>encounter big errors (see end of mail).
>>
>>seems there is a conflict between main lib and pkgsrc ones (installed as
>>non-root user).
>

> I don't see where you get that. The conflict seems to be between
> libgcc.a and libc. You could try restoring the "-Bsymbolic" that was
> removed (IIRC) for the benefit of NetBSD-1.4*. (Edit out the middle
> block of patch-af, then run "make distinfo" to regenerate the
> checksums.) If that works, I, for one, would be OK with dropping the
> other hacks for NetBSD-1.4.2, too (in favor of OpenBSD 3.2, heh).

doesn't seem to work for me, same errors.

>>has someones ideas about the problem ? or is there any way to use the
>>openbsd openssl ?
>

> It would be better, on the whole, to go with your OS's. That probably
> means upgrading or applying a security patch. The package system won't
> be happy with it unless it either finds openssl-0.9.6g, or finds the
> string "SSL_R_SSL2_CONNECTION_ID_TOO_LONG" in the header
> "/usr/include/openssl/ssl.h", as either is taken to be evidence that
> the vulnerability has been addressed. The security advisory came out
> on July 30, 2002. When did OpenBSD 3.2 ship?

3.2 was about 6 months with some patch later.

openssl seems good
OpenSSL> version
OpenSSL 0.9.7-beta3 30 Jul 2002

my problem was trying to build ntop2 on openbsd. knowing than base
compile fail (because of some unresolved symbol with gdchart 0.94c, give
a shot to last dev release with no more success), i want to give a try
with pkgsrc installed on my box, but it needed a lot of dep ...

is there any flavor way like openbsd to choose to not use openssl or
some libs for a package ?

Regards

		Julien