Subject: Re: odd behaviour - pkgsrc on Linux Slackware
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/29/2003 17:57:17
Tomasz Luchowski <tomasz@luchowski.com> wrote:
> I'm playing with pkgsrc-current on Slackware 9.0, i386 (bootstrap-pkgsrc).
>
> Trying to build mplayer:

[...]

> mv -f Makefile Makefile.bak
> imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
> make Makefiles
> /bin/sh: -c: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `>'
> make: [Makefiles] Error 2 (ignored)
> make includes
> /bin/sh: -c: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `>'
> make: *** [includes] Error 2
> *** Error code 2
>

> Let's not think about this too much yet.
>
> If I try to build audio/nas "by hand", it works fine:

I've seen something similar on Irix.  I think it's a problem with
conflicting or not correctly set MAKE variables.  So far, I've only seen
this when USE_GMAKE was set in the package.  Somehow the MAKE variable
set by bmake doesn't (or does, whatever is the right behaviour as the
case may be) override gmake's setting or some such.

-Jan

--
   This is so cool I've to go to the bathroom.