Subject: Re: pkg/20925: new pkg lang/jdk13
To: None <gnats-bugs@netbsd.org, tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/29/2003 10:46:46
On suggestion from Marc Recht (marc@informatik.uni-bremen.de) I've reviewed
the patches in FreeBSD's java/jdk13 port for applicability to this package,
for the interest of anyone who wishes to import it to pkgsrc.

* The patch for gethostname_r may be required for NetBSD-current, so it
  probably should be included here.  It can be fetched via:

  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/ports/java/jdk13/files/patch-InetAddressImpl.c?rev=HEAD

* The patch for DEVTOOLS_PATH (patch-common::Defs-bsd.gmk) should not be
  necessary, as this package sets ALT_DEVTOOLS_PATH to override it.

* The threads patches against HotSpot are not yet applicable, as HotSpot is
  not being built by this package.  (I plan to have a NetBSD-current machine
  and/or VMware session up and running soon to address getting HotSpot built
  in this package.)

* The patch I've supplied (patch-aa) that removes -lpthread from libcmm.so
  still applies to NetBSD-current.  There is no reason -- at least for the
  Classic VM, which is only compiling green threads -- to link -lpthread
  to this library.  (Doing so may in fact cause AWT things to break
  horribly.)  I'll revisit this when doing the HotSpot porting work.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>