Subject: more attempts to get devel/lcc-4.1 to work with NetBSD /usr/include?
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/27/2003 13:34:53
I thought I might try again to compile some code I maintain with
devel/lcc-4.1 (for more portability testing), but I can't get very far
because of serious portability problems with NetBSD's own headers, not
even after making sure there was a #include <sys/cdefs.h> at the top of
every source file and adding "-D__restrict=" (this is on NetBSD-1.5W/i386):

        lcc -D__restrict= -c domain.c
domain.c: /usr/include/netinet/tcp.h:53: `unsigned char' is an illegal bit-field type
domain.c: /usr/include/netinet/tcp.h:54: `unsigned char' is an illegal bit-field type

Has anyone got any more patches for devel/lcc to "fix" up the system
includes a bit better?

Alternately is there any effort afoot to clean up NetBSD's own headers?
(uses of __asm, etc. as well as the spots marked "/*LINTED*/")

--
								Greg A. Woods