Subject: pkgsrc-wip active now
To: None <>
From: Thomas Klausner <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/25/2003 08:16:50

In an effort to get more people actively involved in pkgsrc,
I created a sourceforge project called "pkgsrc-wip".

Its homepage is at

Everyone creating new packages is invited to get an account (see )
and mail me details to get commit rights.

Testers are welcome too -- you don't need to get an account to test
new packages, you should be comfortable using CVS and installing
packages from source, though.

For discussion about pkgsrc-wip, please use the
pkgsrc-wip-discuss at mailing list.
Requests for reviews (and testers) will be posted to
pkgsrc-wip-review, and there's also a pkgsrc-wip-cvs mailing
list much like pkgsrc-changes.

Completed and tested packages will of course be imported in
NetBSD's pkgsrc.

Feel free to ask me if you have any questions.