Subject: emulators/suse*/Makefile*
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/23/2003 19:33:36
Hi all,

I find it a bit confusing that emulators/suse*/Makefile.application and
friends include mk/ themselves -- virtually no other files
that may be included by other packages do so.  I believe that we should
change that:
- any package that includes suse*/Makefile.application (or .common or
  whatnot) should also, just as every other package, include
  mk/ as the last file.
- suse*/Makefile* should not include

The patch at does
that, and bumps PKGREVISIONS accordingly.  Should that be applied or
does anybody see any problems with this?

On that note:  I know we've at least mentioned it several times, but I
can't recall a resolution:  why does mk/ not ifdef it's
contents so as to avoid duplicate inclusion?  All other .mk files do...

Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.