Subject: Re: hardcoded etc/rc.d in PLISTs instead of RCD_SCRIPTS_EXAMPLEDIR
To: Julio Merino <jmmv@menta.net>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/21/2003 14:02:15
[ On Friday, March 21, 2003 at 19:52:08 (+0100), Julio Merino wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: hardcoded etc/rc.d in PLISTs instead of RCD_SCRIPTS_EXAMPLEDIR
>
> On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 13:31:43 -0500 (EST)
> "Greg A. Woods" <woods@weird.com> wrote:
>
> > Obviously the files mentioned in RCD_SCRIPTS will still be registered
> > for "pkg_info -L" (and of course in the master pkg_admin database for
> > conflict detection and avoidance).
>
> so you only manage installed files.

What the heck is that supposed to mean?  The whole point of using the
pkg_* tools is to manage the installed files!

If you really want to see what the PLIST will look like before you
install the package from source then you _MUST_ run "make extract plist"
and then look at work/.PLIST, and if you do that then, with my changes,
the RCD_SCRIPTS will be shown.

Remember that the needs of a pkgsrc developer the first time around are
not always the same as those of a pkgsrc maintainer -- I'm most
concerned with the needs of the latter because that's were 99.999% of
the time will be spent on any given package.

--
								Greg A. Woods