Subject: Re: lyx-1.3.0
To: None <gsollish@autogear.net>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/21/2003 01:12:06
> (1) Building on my wife's box, make lyx insisted on
> rebuilding teTeX-bin-2.0.1 even though it was registered
> as already installed; it did, however, complain that it
> was already installed when it went to install the new
> copy.

When I updated the teTeX2 packages to 2.0.2, I forgot to
synchronize the required revision number written in
teTeX2-bin/kpathsea.buildlink2.mk.  Please look at it and
check if the revision of it is 1.3.

> (2) On my wife's box, which uses a KDE2 desktop, 'view' or
> 'update' dvi opens the app but doesn't load the .dvi;
> running the same commands in twm, everything works.

Hmm..  Does not KDE look at ~/.mailcap file or so?

> (3) On my ThinkPad, I broke the links to libjpeg.so.62 and
> libtiff.so.3 mentioned yesterday before I pkg_add'ed
> lyx-1.3.1.  After, ldd showed these libs 'not found' and I
> had to replace the links as I had for 1.3.0.

Did you install xpkgwedge package before and then deleted
it, or vice versa?

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
May the peace be with us all.