Subject: lyx-1.3.0
To: None <>
From: George E Sollish <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/19/2003 09:44:53
Sorry if this has already been addressed, but on 1.6 i386 with pkgsrc
sup'ed a day or two after lyx-1.3.0 was pulled up, two things seem to be

(1) 	On two of the three i386's I've built lyx on, lyx doesn't find the
shared libraries libjpeg and libtiff, even though both are in /usr/pkg/lib
and other libraries in the same directory are found.  Linking from
/usr/X11R6/lib solves this.

(2)	Converting .lyx files from the 1.2.* format to the 1.3 format
requires python, which is not a dependency.  For this I built python-2.2
and linked 'python' to 'python2.2'.

Otherwise, great work!

George E Sollish	Chief Engineer		Auto Gear Equipment
			Project Manager		The Payne Lake Project