Subject: Re: Mozilla-linux 1.3 ...
To: Juan RP <jrp@hispabsd.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/19/2003 08:03:15
On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Juan RP wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 18:19:35 -0600 (CST)
> Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net> wrote:
>
> > > How can we fix this problem ?
> >
> > You might get something useful out of ktrace and kdump. E.g. "ktrace
> > -d -e linux /path/to/mozilla-bin", then run "kdump | less +G".
>
> Ok, I have the output of mozilla-linux.

>  17429 mozilla-bin NAMI  "/emul/linux/lib/libmozjs.so"
>  17429 mozilla-bin NAMI  "/lib/libmozjs.so"
>  17429 mozilla-bin RET   open -1 errno -2 No such file or directory

>  17429 mozilla-bin CALL  open(0xbfbfedb0,0,0xffffffff)
>  17429 mozilla-bin NAMI  "/emul/linux/usr/lib/libmozjs.so"
>  17429 mozilla-bin NAMI  "/usr/lib/libmozjs.so"
>  17429 mozilla-bin RET   open -1 errno -2 No such file or directory

> Problems with shared libraries perhaps ?

I think you're right. It's been pointed out to me that my first
response was off the mark, as you did use "/emul/linux/usr/bin/ldd".

Are you all invoking "mozilla-bin" directly? As far as I know, mozilla
creates a shell script wrapper on all platforms that sets
MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME in the environment, and maybe LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
before executing the binary. Anyone who has mozilla-linux installed,
please look through the output of "pkg_info -L mozilla-linux" for such
a wrapper, and if it's missing, we'll have to make one.

> Mozilla only crash when you are entering an url ...

That's the confusing part. The netbsd run-time linker won't get far
at all if some of the needed shared libraries aren't found, but this
binary uses the linux run-time linker, so it could well be different.

Frederick