Subject: Re: setting RCD_SCRIPTS_EGDIR in PLIST for openssh
To: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/17/2003 19:13:59
On Mon, 17 Mar 2003, Johnny C. Lam wrote:

> You have two different variables names RCD_SCRIPTS_{EXAMPLE,EG}DIR.  Is
> this intended?

That's my point. These are variables that already exist. Since
RCD_SCRIPTS_EXAMPLEDIR is defined by the pkgsrc .mk file(s), then maybe
openssh shouldn't define a different choice.

The mechanism needs to be changed, because if you do use the same, then it
becomes something like "/usr//usr/share/examples/rc.d/sshd" using my
setting.

The default for RCD_SCRIPTS_EXAMPLEDIR is  ${PREFIX}/etc/rc.d

As it is for me, openssh installs the example to one place, but the PLIST
has a different filename (and it complains).

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/