Subject: time spent per package
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: None <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/09/2003 14:18:02
I am trying to gather some resources for making NetBSD packages and
need some information from people who are actively creating them.

- How much time do you generally spend creating a package initially?

- How much time do you spend maintaining a package once it is created?

I realize that the answers to these questions will vary with the
complexity of the package involved, so it might be most helpful if you
can give me an approximate range along with an example package
representing each end of the range.  Or minimally, a single example
package along with an estimate of time it took to create would be
useful.

My hope is that I can use this information to free some resources to
enable all of you to create more packages.  However, to do so, I need
some reasonably correct information about the time commitment
required.

Thank you very much for your help.

Cheers,
Brook