Subject: Re: GTK2 and RENDER extension
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Soren Jacobsen <soren@blef.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/08/2003 21:45:46
On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 12:19:29AM -0500, James K. Lowden wrote:
> Contrary to the fontconfig message, I didn't have to diddle with
> fonts.conf.  I did make sure to copy over my truetype fonts, but otherwise
> I just ran fc-cache and saw my GTK2 apps run.
>
> Does anyone else think fc-cache should be run by "make install"?

Nope. As far as I can tell, you don't need to re-run it on fontconfig
upgrades (perhaps on some major update, I suppose), only if you change
your configuration or fonts or something. And we've got:

bob:/usr/pkgsrc/fonts/fontconfig$ cat MESSAGE
$NetBSD: MESSAGE,v 1.1 2002/12/25 03:06:02 grant Exp $

You will need to run 'fc-cache' as root to build the X11
font cache before attempting to use applications which
use ${PKGNAME}.

Soren Jacobsen